It is coming to that time of year where tradition says that people should set resolutions for themselves to make their life better.
So here are my resolutions for the coming year:
- Reduce my weight by half a kilo per week. That is 26 kilos for the year. If you work in old money that is 57 lbs. That puts my target weight as 78 kilos, which is only 3 kilos short my the ideal weight for a person of my height.
- I will be entering the Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland charity bike ride again this year. So I’ll be getting my bike fixed
- I intend to walk more. Don’t know where to, but I think what I’ll do is just take more scenic routes from place to place
- To get through my stack of books. I have a stack of books, some of which have been on the stack for about 18 months now. I want that by the turn of 2008 into 2009 that my stack of books consists of nothing older than a month. What’s on the stack?
- Application Architecture for .NET: Designing Applications and Services.
- Agile Estimating and Planning
- Code Complete (Second Edition)
- Implementation Patterns
- Beautiful Code
- and about a half a dozen other technical books, plus an array of non-technical books.
- Update my website more frequently. I have a number of series running on my blog that I intend to turn into articles at some point. I also have a number of posts that would work well in the Tips & Tricks section.
Finally, for the first time in my life I will be working on 2nd January! If you don’t know, in Scotland 2nd January is a public holiday. I managed to resist last year, but since I work for an English company now (for first time since leaving university) I don’t get that as a public holiday any more.